Pink Transparent Valentine Balloon Heart

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sports Day!

Yay! I am so happy today!

It was another inter-house athletic meet of our school! :D We had gone to the Kaifan Stadium.

This day is my most AWAITED day! The whole year I will be like" oh ! when will this day come?"
On this day we have such awesome events !: 100 m, 200m, 400m 800m, 1500m ,3000m and 5000m running as track events and long jump, high jump, triple jump, shot put, javeline throw and discuss throw for field events!

As I am a long distance runner, I just take part in 800m, 1500m ,3000m I would love to participate in 5000m too but coz I am in the under 16 category I cant take part! :(
Never the less I had other events to play around with ;)
The guys in my class were like making fun of me when I told them I was gonna run 3000m. they were like you are so skinny you'll die half way through don't participate and all that. This thing gave me more energy and more anger , now I had to prove that girls are not lesser than guys.
I had some hope in me that yes I can do it and I have to do it!
Even my parents didn't believe that I was gonna do this but you know what I did IT!
I got all of them Jacked on their faces ! :D
It was such a sunny day . Me and my friends got tanned so badly so no one was ready to take any pics :P
I got three medals! : Bronze in triple jump and 3000m and Silver in 1500m!
I am so damn happy :D
when I went back to class ( well I wasn't planning to -wanted to bunk- but had to go back in the last period :P) all of them were surprised that I got third place in 3000m. It was not about winning that they were surprised -cox I already had won other events- but they were surprised that a skinny GIRL like me could run 3000m !
I had won my challenge from myself!
This day thought me many things:
  • Always do warm up before running long distance or u'll end up with cramps in your legs!
  • Never, ever run short distances if you are going to go for long distance coz that will take up the main thing you need for long-distance running: STAMINA!
  • When you are running, do not look back, that might discourage you!
  • Always have a positive feeling that :Yes I can do it, No one can stop me!"
  • You don't need to get the first place only- second or third place is also very good and if not that You at least  participated!
  • Do not drink water while running or just after running.
  • When you finish your Long distance walk some more meters don't just start drinking water coz ur tired
  • When you run long distance don't breathe with your nose - use your mouth
  • When running long distance, don't start running straight away , sprint- i.e 90% of the distance will be jogging and  the remaining 100 or 50m you will run with all your speed left
  • Take the lead and start jogging.
  • Sources?- My own Experience :P

Moral of the story: Do not underestimate girls- If they are determined they can do ANYTHING! 

Are you interested in sports? What all sports do you play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it helpful or not? Have got any suggestions or questions?
Well whatever it is, good or bad, just pen down your thoughts here
They makee me happpyyyyy♥♥♥